Monday, February 20, 2012

Jello Cream Cake.


Pinterest strikes again...
I guess it's good that my obsession actually produces fruit... (cough unlike facebook).
I love finding things on there and trying them or making them my own. So I did!
The Food Librarian is some sort of Jello goddess.
Here is the original recipe she has on her blog that I found via Pinterest.

Now here is my picture (I know it doesn't look the same), can I blame my jello falling on living in high elevation ?? Yes! phew thank you!

Honestly I just changed the order of the steps and not the recipe itself, make sense ?


Here is what your going to need:

Crust:
1 1/2 sticks - butter, softened (very important) 1/2 c brown sugar 1 1/2 c flour 1 c chopped walnuts or pecans (I didn't have any and it still was great) Cream Layer: 1 - 3 oz package of lemon Jello (small box) 1 c boiling water (VERY IMPORTANT YOU USE THAT 1CUP, I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE USED MORE...OOPS) 1/2 c sugar 8 oz package of cream cheese (one block), softened 1 cup heavy whipping cream Jello Layer: 1 - 6 oz package lime Jello (large box) 2 c boiling water 1 c cold water

Okay my steps on How I did it, I'm sure the Food Librarian is wonderful, but I'm just not as patient with steps as she must be.

Step 1 - Pull out Cream Cheese and Butter to soften
Step 2 - Preheat Oven to 375
Step 3 - Boil 1 Cup Water & add lemon jello to dissolve - Then set in fridge to cool.
Step 4 - Make the yummy Crust. Cream together the Brown Sugar & Butter together, then add nuts and flower. Press into the bottom of a GREASED 9x13 pan. Bake for say 10-15ish minutes. Basically you want a nice golden brown.
Step 5 - YOUR CRUST MUST COOL.
Step 6 - Next your going to make the middle cream layer. In a bowl cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Then whip the whipping cream in a separate bowl. Do this until you have stiff peaks.
Then fold this into the cream cheese/sugar mixture. Then add your COOLED lemon jello mixture in with the rest of the ingredients.
Step 7 - Pour the above Cream layer over Cooled crust and place in fridge until it's completely set.
Step 8 - Make the jello layer. Boil 2 cups of water, dissolve lime jello and add 1 cup cold water. Pour over top the completed cream and crust layer.
Step 9 - Place in fridge to set/cool/chill
Step 10 - Cut and serve. I added a dollop of whip cream on top.

Change the colors out for different holidays!





Pin It

1 comment:

Tanya said...

thanks for posting this, Rachel.wa

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs